Coronavirus news in Australia
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 44,113,001 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Sunday, including 99,903 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 26,573,451 have been administered by the Commonwealth, an increase of 42,313 on the previous 24 hours.
* 17,539,550 have been administered by the states and territories, including 57,590 in the previous 24 hours.
* 94.7 per cent of people 16 and over have received at least their first dose and 92 per cent both.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* 71,273 new cases: 20,293 in NSW, 34,808 in Victoria, 4024 in South Australia, 9581 in Queensland, 938 in ACT, 1218 in Tasmania, 403 in the Northern Territory, and eight in WA.
* The national death toll is 2389: Victoria 1580 (+2), NSW 745 (+18), ACT 15, Tasmania 13, WA nine, SA 17 (+2), Queensland 10 and the NT one. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 307,141,000
* Deaths: at least 5,488,000
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 9,417,513,000
Data current as at 1730 AEDT January 10, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.AAP